Friday, May 7, 2010

Donation Carvings for Memorial Golf Outing Updated


I had been asked if I was interested in donating a carving or two to an upcoming memorial golf scramble in honor of a good friends family member who had passed.  The event has been going on for some years and folks I work with donate what they can to make the day a success.

I decided on donating carvings for the popular contests in a golf scramble:
1.  Closest to the pin.  2.  Longest drive.  and of course, best score.

I have interesting humorous ideas to the first two listed above, and will blog those when I get started on them.

What I'm working on now is the "best score" trophy (actually 'trophies' as it is a 4 person scramble and each will get his own 'trophy'.

I will be carving "golf ball in a cage" trophies that will basically be a bust of an old time golfer on the top, and a cage on the bottom with a golf ball from that tourney inside the 'cage'.Well, I'll be doing 4 of these as identical to each other as I can get them.

The picture shown is an earlier 'golf ball in a cage' so you get the idea.



One is pretty well established, one is getting there and the last one shown (along with the one not shown) are in rough-in state.

Here they are and I'll update as I go.

Again, as always, thank you for looking in!

Well, I've made some head way, but still not completed.

I have (2) of the (4) to the point I'd feel comfortable painting up and submitting, with the last two getting there.  Here we are so far:


No comments: