Saturday, September 29, 2012

Talk about timely posting from a legend

I have recently finished a commission carving and beings my first, I had no idea on how to pack and ship it without damage.

The Fly Fisherman carving has an extra long fishing pole and it the angle in which it sits in the fisherman's hand caused me a dilemma on how to pack the piece.  The most fragile component to the piece was hanging out there just waiting to be broken upon arrival at the customers residence.

I checked out what Lynn O. Doughty of Outwest Wood Carving was sharing with the world (see link on sidebar of this blog) and would you believe he has shared (2) videos on packaging his absolutely  awesome carvings.  He transports his work back and forth to carving shows and competitions as well as sending to customers.

Now keep in mind, I view Lynn Doughty as the Most Royal Grand Pu bah of caricature carving.  He has exceeded Rock Star to Ethereal Being level in my book.  He could charge an arm and a leg for sharing his knowledge and experience by selling CD's and videos.  Believe me, with the following he has I am sure people would gladly pay the cash.  That's just not his way. He freely shares his videos with the simply understandable copyright infringement stipulations.

If you are a fan of pure talent, artistry and good ole down home hospitality, please do yourself a favor and check him out.

Links to his videos and blog.

Out West Woodcarving Blog (Lynn O. Doughty)






No comments: